Monday, February 8, 2010

Ngan featured me on her lovely blog. This is the sort of blog I’d love to maintain but never, ever will. GO HER.

* * *
This weekend as I (finally) cleaned & organized my mess of cozy materials, I began wondering how I might use my scrap fabric. I spent a lot of time considering making greeting cards out of them (they’d simply embellish cardstock) and selling them . . . but I don’t think I’m ready to take that on. I think I will just make my own cute cards, attempt to become a thoughtful, card-sending sort of person, and leave it at that. If I get bored and really need to branch out, I’ll know by then whether my cards are good enough to sell. I’m talking about something like this:













or this:


* * *
There is one little girl that I CANNOT STAND, in Kori’s little circle. Every time I’m around her and every time I hear of her, all that comes across is MEAN GIRL. Snotty little mean girl brat. I recently found out that Kori had stopped being friends with another little girl, she told me why (minor, kid stuff), but then said that Kennedy (mean girl) called the other girl (Nella) “desperate”. Oh, HELL NO. I gave Kori an earful about that, and how I did not want her to let Kennedy choose her friends for her. We have had several talks lately about bullying, sticking up for kids who are picked on, how she would feel if SHE was picked on, etc. This brought up another one of those. I talked to her frankly about the different phases I went through in school – popular, nerdy, in the middle. I told her about times I picked on other kids and times I stood up for them and times I was picked on, how it all made me feel, what I was glad about, what I regretted.

I asked if the minor issue was the only problem between them, she said yes. I asked if it was cleared up, would she still want to be friends with Nella? She said yes. I told her today at school she needs to speak with Nella about it – at recess, before school, whenever, and explain that ___ can’t happen again (it’s something in class she does that gets them both in trouble) and if she will agree to that then they can get back to being friends, if that’s what Kori wants. She said it was.

I’ve been talking to Kori about thinking about what kind of person she wants to be, who she wants to be. I also told her that I was about fed up with Kennedy and she was walking on thin ice. So – I’m sure there will be Kennedys I have to deal with forever but I will NOT be sad to move away from this one. She is going to be a terror in jr. high and high school.
* * *
I am excited to pay off my massive library fine from Christmas break when I returned around 20 videos a couple days late and was charged SIXTY DOLLARS in fines. I WANT MY LIBRARY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
* * *
And in other news, Bennett was almost boyfriend/girlfriend with Seneca, but apparently she threw him over for another boy! So now he's considering being Brenda's boyfriend. I don't think she will have a baby, though. If you got that, high five.
* * *
facebook: I do not like your new features. I cannot find my recently added friends. My posts don't show up in my "most recent" news feed. STOP FREAKING CHANGING. Of course, I will continue to use you as long as you remain an easy way to stay in touch with tons of people I don't know anymore.
* * *
I am hunrgy and considering eating the apple on my office-mate's desk and leaving a note and bringing in a replacement tomorrow. This way I won't eat doritos from the vending machine. Or spend my commute miserably hungry. But maybe her apple is all organic and stuff and mine definitely isn't. That wouldn't be a fair trade.
* * *
I hope we get crazy snow so I don't have to go to class tomorrow. Yet I won't know until 2pm, and my grant proposal draft is due before class, so I have to get it done tonight. There's no way I can wait until 2pm, find out we DO have class after all, and bust out this assignment before class at 6pm. So I have to do it tonight. Of course, I have known about it for 5 weeks.
But that is neither here nor there.
* * *
I'm re-reading Hearts in Atlantis. I love this story. I love Stephen King, and I most love his stories that aren't all-horror, all the time. I love his horror, but for some reason his non-horror ones seem like they have better STORIES. Hearts in Atlantis is spooky but it's not The Shining, or IT. Man, I love Stephen King.
* * *
Alright. Enough avoiding my commute. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...