Saturday, November 22, 2008


knitters will appreciate this.

i taught myself to knit recently from the idiot's guide to knitting & crocheting and i learned the american basic stitch (sometimes called the english stitch).

on the way home from a business meeting with a co-worker today, we were stuck in traffic on the highway and i was knitting, she (who was driving) pointed out that there was a much faster way to do the basic stitch . . . a little something called the continental.

she showed me how and it was like a chorus of angels came down through the clouds and shone heavenly light upon us.

i'd say the continental stitch shaves roughly 2/3 time off of the american/english stitch.


VERY EXCITING!!



1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm jealous! I'm jealous because I started teaching myself to knit probably close to a year ago and I have yet to make anything. Boo for me!!!! Yay for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...