Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This, That, a Little of the Other

So last week I was all EIGHT BLOG POSTS A DAY and this week . . .

*crickets*

Sorry, y’all! How about a general update?

Well, last week was my big birthday blowout, aka The 2nd Annual Sara and Ashley Joint Birthday Extravaganza! It deserves it’s own post, and that will happen, but I’m waiting on some photos from other people. I was too busy having the time of my life to take many. Expect a lot of foolishness.

We are, for the most part, settled into the new house. There are still some things that need a “home” and I still need to put away most of ok, ALL of my clothes. I’m living out of bags right now. I will scrub and paint and hammer and tear down and sanitize and dig and all that but PLEASE don’t make me put things away. I don’t know why I hate it, I just do.

2011-11-04 20.46.20-1My husband and daughter preparing dinner one evening. She’s as tall as me and 12 years old. I’m over-the-moon about this because I stopped growing at 14 (I’m 4’10”) so she will likely get another inch or two before she stops, which means SHE WON’T HAVE TO HEM ALL HER PANTS AND SKIRTS HER ENTIRE LIFE!!!

I’m trying to get myself into the Etsy shop groove because we have now entered my busiest time of the year. I think I’m going to have to push a little harder because normally I’d have some sales already and so far, nothing. Eh. I love it but man, I am wiped out, you know? I know I’ll regret it come January, if I sit back and do nothing. Life is so hard.

431348785

This is a cup cozy I’ll be putting in the shop soon. I have a few colors – this green, a mottled brown, purple, a mottled cream. Each will have a different set of fabric covered buttons.

445199815 445194603This is an ear warmer headband I knitted and have been wearing on my bike rides to and from the train station. Yes, I’m still riding! I’m going to keep at it until the weather forces me to stop. Right now I’m doing a daily dance between bundling up enough not to give up and not being so bundled that I sweat like crazy (there are some big hills I have to climb on the way to the train in the mornings). I will likely put some of these in my Etsy shop as well. Instead of having a knitted/crocheted flower like the popular ones I’ve seen, I think I’ll do a little arrangement of fabric-covered buttons.

What else? Home is good, work is good. Vincent and I are going to begin working out to Bob Harper’s workout video. You know Bob Harper, right? The trainer from The Biggest Loser? This thing looks like a monster, I’m telling you. We watched it the other night (while sitting on the couch – I’ve also watched Jillian’s workout while knitting) and even the people he had doing the exercises with him couldn’t hang! They were dying and giving up. Vincent got 21 minutes into the hour-long cardio workout and quit. I’m excited for it to kick my butt.

I haven’t given up on Couch to 5K but I’m gonna shelve it until the warmer weather returns.

What are you up to these days?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...