Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wee Bit Wednesday

I'm taking a mental break from the crippling job of coming up with a stage seating plan for the commencement (graduation) ceremony for my employer. It's not difficult, just requires my brain to work in a way it doesn't really like. Plus, it requires concentration without interruption, and I have very little of that in my work day. Whatevs!

Anyway, I'm eating lunch and thought I'd fill out the meme below. I saw it on Shannon's Growing Sweet Pea blog and the original linkup is through Leigh Ashley's blog (nice name, chica!).




{one} do you watch the history channel? if so, what’s your favorite program?
I haven't had cable in a few years, so not lately. But I loved the History Channel back in the day. No particular program, but anything historical archeological or religious usually caught my attention. Yes, I first typed "historical". Shut up.

{two} what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Read, watch movies, lay around, sew, knit, play online. Which is basically what I like to do most days, except on rainy days I don't feel as guilty about not being outside enjoying nature.

{three} what does your dream house look like?
I love Arts & Crafts Bungalows or Craftsman homes. I'd love one of those with a great front garden, porch to chill on, big backyard & garden, nice patio or deck for chillin . . . sunny rooms, little nooks & crannies, wood.




{four} what state were you born in?
Texas! However, I was raised in . . . Kansas! I'm super nostalgic about it now that I don't live there any more. I miss the plains and the farms and the slow way of life, but when I lived there, I hated that people thought I lived in the country. I was a city girl, damnit! Now I'm REALLY a city girl and I know how country I actually used to be! ;)

Also, Kansas's state motto is, "Ad astra per aspera" which means, "To the stars through difficulty" which I respect a lot.

{five} do you have a change jar? if so, what do you use it for when it gets full?
Currently, we're filling up a change jar that will be donated to the Emergency Fund as part of their Small Change Matters campaign! Even a dollar or two can make a difference to someone in need! I'll be writing more about this soon.

{six} what’s the first website you look at when you get on the computer?
Gmail! Loooove it.

{seven} what is your favorite breakfast?
I prefer savory over sweet. Hashbrowns, bacon, eggs . . . throw in some cheese and peppers and I'll max!

{eight} what’s the most memorable trip you’ve ever taken?
I haven't been on a ton of big trips, but I think the 2 that stand out in my memory the most are going to Florida to compete in college dance team nationals, and having a grown-up girls' weekend in NYC last year.

{nine} do you prefer your coffee black or with cream/milk/sugar?
I prefer to have a bit of coffee with my mega-overload of milk and sugar. I love chocolatey concoctions the most. I would love to appreciate coffee black, I feel it would make me much cooler than I am. But I just don't. I do love super dark chocolate though. Not the same . . .

{ten} have you ever done a professional photo shoot?
Nope! Making a claw with my hand while surrounding the Tiger painted on the basketball court, along with my fellow college dance teammates . . . probably doesn't count.

It was kinda like this except it involved spandex:


3 comments:

RobinLynn said...

Well, thanks for putting up a picture of a craftsman home because earlier today I showed my ignorance by not knowing what they were! I get it now. and I love that you love Kansas - you can be proud of the Wizard of Oz too - I hear, "well, you're not in Kansas" all the time ... meaning not home. Anyway, had fun reading your answers. Come visit anytime! and good luck with the commencement.

Mama Pea said...

I'm glad you played along! Thanks for the mention :) A cheesy salty breakfast and chocolately creamy coffee on the porch of that nice little yellow house sounds great to me!

Sarah said...

That house looks AWESOME! I've never heard of those before, but I LOVE it! Seriously, what a great place to live. And, I love your breakfast! I'm not much of a morning breakfast eater, but that sounds amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...