Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just One Of Those Days . . .

Today was my first day back at work after almost three weeks of vacation. I knew it was going to be difficult to get my brain into “work” mode again, but I’ve been surprised at how hard it’s been for me to stay positive today.

I think I’m dealing with a combination of the following:

· Not many people have come back to work yet so it’s a little lonely

· My office is freezing

· I heard the sad news of someone’s death

· I spoke with someone about their job loss & difficulty finding new work, the financial stress they’re dealing with – double whammy of wishing I could help them and wondering when/if I will be in their shoes

· People online are being really shady and just not cool in a variety of ways

· The lunch I made wasn’t very good so I’m really hungry which sends my crankiness through the roof

· I forgot my hat, scarf, gloves, so walking to/from the train wasn’t & won’t be fun today – it is freezing outside & the wind is bananas

· I didn’t get much sleep last night – lack of sleep & food make me sooooo not happy

· I miss my husband and kids. I got used to being around them 24/7.

I know this wasn’t a shiny, happy post, but sometimes your day just doesn’t go that way! I’m looking forward to getting on my train and going home to see my family. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...