Monday, June 28, 2010

Flashback

Ashley realizes she has not yet filled out her FAFSA for school and needs to get that done ASAP. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have her tax return documents for 2009 because she emailed all her W-2s & stuff to George and Weezie and then got a direct deposit refund. They like to save on postage by not mailing your return to you, you have to come pick it up. Also, George has NO BUSINESS having anything to do with Weezie’s tax business, and messes up stuff with technology all the time. For example, he has attempted to send a fax, and when it beeped, he randomly began hitting buttons, which made the fax stop. Thus, the machine must be broken so: Someone call the repairman.

RING RING RING
George: Hello?
Ashley: Hi Uncle (George), this is Ashley, how are you?
George: I’m fine, boo, what’s up?
Ashley: Well, I never got my 2009 tax return since we got direct deposit . . . can you send my return to me? I need it to fill out some important financial aid paperwork.
George: So when you gonna come by and get it?
Ashley: Well, we’re really not going to be able to. Can you fax it?
George: No, that’s too many pages to fax. You just need to come by and get it.
Ashley: Unfortunately, I can only get around on the buses and trains and Vincent is way out in the suburbs with our car and can’t get into the city anytime soon. Could you mail it?
George: grumbleneedtocomepickupyourdamnpapersgrumble I’ll just send the one part. Ok, what’s your fax number?
Ashley: 312-123-4567
George: Ok, I’m sending it now.


RING RING RING
Ashley (seeing George’s phone number): Hello?
George: Beeeeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep fax noiiiiiiise beeeeeeeep
George: SILENCE
Ashley: Hello? Uncle George?
Ashley: CLICK *sigh*


RING RING RING
Ashley (seeing George’s phone number): Hello?
George: Beeeeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep fax noiiiiiiise beeeeeeeep
George: SILENCE
Ashley: Hello? Uncle George?
Ashley: CLICK *$%!@*


RING RING RING
George: Hello?
Ashley: Hi Uncle George
George: Hey, Boo, I just sent it
Ashley: Actually, Uncle George, that’s why I was calling, I wonder if you maybe sent it to the number I called from instead of the –
George: No, I sent it to the number you gave me!!
Ashley: It’s just that twice now, I’ve received a phone call from your number and when I answer, I hear fax machine noises. Usually I only hear that when someone is –
George: That was me calling you to tell you I sent it.
Ashley: . . . Ok. Thanks, Uncle George.
George: Ok, bye.


ASHLEY CRIES. Uncle George is the only one answering the phone.


HOWEVER!!!!!!!!

A few minutes later, the fax arrives. Now, to fill out FAFSA stuff and see if he sent me enough info.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...