Monday, June 6, 2011

Writing About Writing

Recently, an online friend of mine said something to the effect of, don’t apologize for your lack of blogging. Blog when you can.

That means a lot to me, though the truth is that I feel I’m letting myself down much more than anyone else, when I don’t consistently blog. This is because I have thoughts! Thoughts to share! Lots of thoughts! Full of opinions and questions! I want to tell you my thoughts, and I want to hear what you think about my thoughts.

Over the weekend I spent a great day volunteering with my kids and some friends. Next weekend I’ll be recovering from my employer’s largest event of the year (recovering from all the planning and making sure it goes off without a hitch, that is). So far, plans to find flowers for front yard planting, and visiting our local waterpark/pool are in the works. I imagine many weekends spent this way, though of course I will do some hiding from the heat inside with the air conditioning (what a luxury!!). Anyway, my point? My point is that all these things I want to write about, might not get written. Maybe not anytime soon, maybe not ever. Consider that I think of new things all the time to write about, I don’t see that changing anytime soon . . . my “to write about” list will just grow and grow.

I have no good solution, other than writing when I feel motivated and when I have the time. I guess we’ll see what turns up!

Here are some topics I’d like to write about:

  • Emergency Fund! I’d like to get some of their client stories posted. Two good things about this – my volunteering this weekend was at one of their partner agencies, the Lincoln Park Community Shelter, and later this month I’m going on a site visit with EF staff to Inspiration Cafe. These blog posts are going to be top priority for me to get written . . . but I want to do a good job of them, which puts the pressure on. I also want to write about their annual reception which they graciously invited me to, where they kicked off their Small Change Matters campaign.
  • I’d like to do a “day in the life” entry.
  • I want to continue with the series of posts I started a few months ago about Black History Month.
  • I would like to talk about some of the things that are frustrating and difficult about having a handmade business.
  • Faith, and where I’m at with mine.
  • Career thoughts and questions

So – no apologies, but yeah . . . I hope I can find the time to write about these things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...