Friday, September 23, 2011

Dance Party Friday: Embarrassingly Obsessed Version

You may or may not know that I have dance parties in my bathroom late at night, usually after I've had some wine. It's just a fun bit of me-time where I listen to the same hot songs over and over again, dance around and pretend I'm 21 again, killing it at the club.

If you know me in real life or follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Livejournal, you also know that I get hooked on musicians and I get hooked on songs - I listen to them over and over and over until I get them out of my system. These phases can last a week, a month, a year. Seriously - a year, sometimes.

WELL. A while back I heard Miguel's song, "All I Want Is You" and I just. About. Died.

What an incredible R&B song! Simple but dynamic, smooth and hot, all at the same time. So I was in my bathroom one night, listening to the song on YouTube, and I noticed over on the right side of the screen, that someone had done a cover of the song, and it had over 100,000 views. Must be a good cover, right?

I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I clicked on that video. ddb Turns out there is this guy. His name is Daniel de Bourg. He's a dancer, a singer, a producer and songwriter. And he is fine. I mean FOINE. I was blown away by his cover and began listening to the others he's done, and was so, so impressed. I mean, yeah – he’s hot. Like, really, really hot. But he’s also got an AMAZING voice. He's got range - technically and stylistically (is that really a word?). And many of his videos feature not just him doing covers, but re-produced versions of the original songs. Lots of the songs are considered “all vox” (all vocals), which means he used his voice alone to recreate the sound of all the backup vocals AND the instruments. Very cool.

And to my small biz friends - branding, right? Check out his videos and you'll see it.

Slide3

Daniel competed on the X Factor when it was on in England, and made it to the finals. You can download his recordings – he’s got covers and original music. He’s also done a ton of collaborative songs with other musicians.

ddb tweetSo are you hooked yet? Just wait – I have a treat for you. But first, some more foolishness, aka TRUE AND MATURE LOVE.

Slide1 So do you want to check out some of his music? I know you do!




Here's the first song of his that I heard: All I Want Is You – Miguel ft. J. Cole



This is another Miguel cover, and maybe my favorite of Daniel's - it's the song that caused many of us to fan ourselves starting at 0:44 . . . Sure Thing - Miguel




Rolling in the Deep – Adele

MOAR!!!

Without You – David Guetta ft. Usher (this Daniel de Bourg version includes another singer, J Rice) - Happy pop! I love, love, love this song. Such a great singer's song!

Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol - Daniel's version

Fall for Your Type - Jamie Foxx ft. Drake - Daniel's version - Sigh. So pretty.

Until the End of Time – Justin Timberlake - Daniel's version

LoveSexMagic – Ciara & Justin Timberlake HOT DANCE TRACK - Daniel's version featuring a dancing cameo from a friend

Sooner Than Later – Drake (this Daniel de Bourg version includes another singer, Josh Lehman) - Quiet, acoustic guitar

Head High & Smile – Daniel de Bourg – From Daniel's YouTube page: "A good friend of mine wrote a poem for his son a while back now. Little James was battling cancer and Brian poured his heart into a lyric that, when I heard it, I felt compelled to compose and perform a song based on that same poem. This is the resulting song, HEAD HIGH & SMILE. Much love to you James, Brian & Michelle Hatherley. DDB"

Let the Sun Shine – Labrinth – Daniel's version - quiet, piano, passion!

One (Your Name) – Swedish House Mafia – Daniel dances on this one and has a lot of fun making ridic faces AND it was filmed in his bathroom! I KNEW WE WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER - Daniel's version - Listen to the SHM version for a few seconds and then listen to Daniel's and see how he replicates the sound with his voice. Love it!

Say It – Ne-Yo – Daniel's version - Ok, this song is hot in the first place, but then him SANS SHIRT in the background . . . MAN.

Celebration – Tank, Trey Songz, Chris Brown & Drake – Daniel sings this one w/Josh Lehman. Pretty & simple. This song? #GrownFolkMusic


And now? I hide from everyone who will ever read this.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...