Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A dinosaur ate my Elmer’s prize pack. That jerk.

A while back I was following along with the #craftsocial tweet chat hosted by @SisterDiane and @penguintrax, and noticed that trivia questions were being asked. The first person to answer correctly was winning a prize from @CraftTestDummy – a prize pack from Elmer’s Glue! So when I saw the question: Why is glue sticky? (along with the hint that the answer was on the Elmer’s website), I scrambled over and searched until I found the answer (it’s the polymers and tackifiers).

I responded, and won! An Elmer’s prize pack! And then! A while later! My prize pack came in the mail!

I’m excited about what as in the prize pack, basically for 2 reasons:

1. These items will help me with some newbie paper-crafting projects I’ve been wanting to try lately, and . . .

2. I am always running out of sticky stuff and so these things will come in handy in a pinch when I need to glue something back together. Just keepin’ it real, y’all.

I do intend to do something crafty with this stuff, and will put it on the blog! Until then, you get the photo shoot of my winnings, propped up by the things I had closest to me at the time – a handful of my 3-year-old’s toys.

DSCN3044

First, a lovely Craft Test Dummies sticker. Maybe this will go on my sewing machine, the way rock stars put stickers on their guitars!

DSCN2998

Here’s all my swag. But let’s take a closer, more personal look, shall we?

DSCN3003

T-Rex and Weird McDonald’s Toy have been watching Wonder Pets. What’s gonna work? Teeeeeamwork! They’re putting their eons-old differences aside for one night, much like when the Crips and Bloods of Los Angeles came together for a unifying hip hop album. It was basically just like that. All in the name of an Elmer’s Dot Runner. I’ve used a dot runner before – they give you these little dots of stickiness that help you adhere two small, lightweight things together. Like a small paper flower for your scrapbook or handmade card.

DSCN3013

T-Rex was being especially helpful during this photo shoot. I don’t know, it could be guilt over the bloodshed he’s been a part of. The thing is, T-Rex, it’s who you are. You were born that way. Don’t fight the feeling. You are beautiful, no matter what they say – WORDS CAN’T BRING YOU DOWN! Ok, so the tape runner. I haven’t used this sucker yet but I think it’s probably a skinny strip of tape, possibly double-sided, again to be used for scrapbooking & whatnot. Let’s all give a big round of applause to T-Rex! Thank you, buddy.

 DSCN3018

X-Acto knife! Great for cutting scapbook paper . . . AND FOOLS. Also note the boxing glove – only one of 4 in our home – I hope this photo sends a message. You know what message I’m trying to send. That’s right: Don’t mess with my Cool Ranch Doritos.

   DSCN3023 DSCN3024 DSCN3025DSCN3026 DSCN3027 DSCN3028 DSCN3029 DSCN3030 DSCN3031

DSCN3032 DSCN3033

Uh . . . ok.

(Isn’t it funny how I pretend I am just watching this as it happens to me, when in fact I staged, photographed, edited, uploaded, re-sized, arranged, captioned and published the whole thing?) (Oh, and do I really need to explain what glue sticks do?)

DSCN3035

“But Ashley”, you say. “I thought you were using your 3-year-old’s TOYS as props along with the items you won. That’s a black Sharpie.”

I’ll just let that sink in.

Photo Corners . . . well, they help you attach photos to scrapbook pages – pretty on the front, sticky on the back! Kind of like . . . ok, I won’t go there.

DSCN3038

Finally – MAMA’S PROP. It was PROPelled into her mouth.

Thanks Craft Test Dummies, for sending me the Elmer’s prize pack! I promise to do SOMETHING crafty with it all and not just use it to stick grocery lists to my fridge.

2 comments:

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

clearly, you are one of the funniest people I know.

Gina Thomas said...

totally rad ashely! i would love to win that prize pack:) that post was totally creative-now i can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!
gina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...